Registered User Use
[Established and implemented on 11.18 2021, revised on 09.01 2023]
Article 1 (Application)
- The purpose of these Terms is to set out the terms and conditions for the provision of the Services and the relationship of rights and obligations between Us and Registered Users in relation to the use of the Services, and these shall apply to all relationships between Registered Users and Us in relation to the use of the Services.
- When using the Services, the Registered User agrees to be bound by these Terms.
- We may establish separate terms and guidelines for separate Services (hereinafter referred to as “Separate Terms”). In addition to these Terms, individual services are subject to their own specific terms and conditions, which you should also read. If there is any discrepancy between the provisions of these Terms and those of the Separate Terms, the provisions of the Separate Terms shall prevail.
Article 2 (Definitions)
The terms as used below have the meanings set out below in these Terms.
- “Business Service Agreement” means the agreement for the use of the Services entered into between Us and the Registered User on the conditions of these Terms.
- "Intellectual Property Rights" means copyright, patent rights, utility model rights, design rights, trademark rights and other intellectual property rights (including the right to acquire or apply for registration of such rights) in Japan and other countries or regions.
- “We”, “Us”, “Our” or “Ours” means Shared Research Inc.
- “Our Website” means the website operated by Us whose domain is sharedresearch.jp (including, if for any reason the domain or content of our website is changed, the website after such change).
- “Business User” means a user using the Business User Services on the Platform.
- “Registered User” means an individual or legal entity that has registered to use the Services in accordance with these Terms, Article 3 (Service Use Registration).
- “Registered information” means the name, e-mail address, password and any other information registered by the Registered User at the time of registration for the Services (including any subsequently changed information).
- “Platform” means the [Shared Research Website] established and operated by Us on Our Website.
- “Services” means the Services that We provide on the Platform other than those for Business Users.
- “Antisocial Forces, Etc.” means organized crime groups (bōryokudan), members of organized crime groups (bōryokudan-in), right-wing groups (uyokudantai), anti-social forces (hanshakaiteki-seiryoku), those who have not ceased to be such persons for five years, and other similar persons.
Article 3 (Registration for Service Use)
- Persons wishing to use the Services (hereinafter referred to as “Persons Wishing to Register”) may apply to Us for registration to use the Services by agreeing to abide by these Terms and by providing Us with certain information as specified by Us (hereinafter referred to as “Registration Details”) in the manner specified by Us.
- In accordance with Our criteria, We will determine whether or not to register Persons Wishing to Register who have applied for registration under Paragraph 1 (hereinafter referred to as the “Persons Applying for Registration”), and if We approve the registration, We will notify the Person Applying for Registration to that effect. The registration for service use of the Persons Applying for Registration shall be deemed to have been completed when We have informed them as per this paragraph. Registered Users will be given a User ID upon completion of registration.
- After the completion of the registration as set out in the preceding paragraph, a service use agreement will be established between the Registered User and Us and the Registered User will be able to use the Services in accordance with these Terms.
- We reserve the right to refuse registration or re-registration to any Persons Applying for Registration for any of the following reasons and are under no obligation to disclose the reasons for such refusal.
- If there is any falsehood, error or omission in all or part of the Registration Information provided to Us.
- If We deem that the person is an Antisocial Force, Etc. or has any kind of interaction or involvement with an Antisocial Force, Etc. such as cooperating with or being involved in the maintenance, operation or management of an Antisocial Force, Etc. through the provision of funds or otherwise.
- If We believe that you have breached an agreement with Us in the past, or that you are related to someone who has.
- If We deem you to be unsuitable for registration.
Article 4 (Change of Registration Details)
In the event of any changes to the Registration, the Registered User shall notify Us of such changes without delay in the manner prescribed by Us.
Article 5 (User Environment Improvement)
- Registered Users shall, at their own expense and responsibility, prepare and make available all communication equipment, software, and other equipment necessary to use the Platform and Services. For the use of the Platform and the Services, the Registered User shall choose, at their own expense and responsibility, to connect to the internet via telecommunication services or telecommunication lines. Registered Users shall maintain security measures to prevent computer virus infection, unauthorized access and information leaks in accordance with their own user environment.
- We have no involvement in, and accept no responsibility for, the usage environment of our Registered Users.
Article 6 (Management of Passwords and Business User ID)
- Registered Users are responsible for the proper management and storage of their User IDs and passwords for the Services.
- Registered Users must not allow any third party to use their User ID, and must not lend, assign, change the name of, or sell their User ID.
- Any liability for damage caused by inadequate management of the User ID or password, misuse, or use by a third party shall be borne by the User and We shall not be liable for any such damage.
Article 7 (Use Period)
The period of availability of the Services to Registered Users shall be from the date of registration for Service use to the date of registration cancellation (as defined in Articles 12 and 13 of these Terms).
Article 8 (Payable Services)
If you wish to use any of the Services for which a fee is payable, you will be subject to the terms and conditions of these Terms as well as the separate Terms and Conditions of Use for Payable Services.
Article 9 (Prohibited Matters)
In using the Platform and the Services, Registered Users must not engage in any of the following acts, or acts that we deem to fall under any of the following categories.
- Acts in breach of the law or in connection with criminal activities.
- Fraud or threats against Us, other users of the Platform or Services, or other third parties.
- Infringement on the Intellectual Property Rights, portrait rights, rights of privacy, honour, or other rights or interests of Ours, other users of the Platform or Services, or other third parties.
- Causing disadvantage, damage or discomfort to Us, other users of the Platform or Business Services, or other third parties.
- Any action that places an excessive load on Our Website, the Platform's network or systems, etc.
- Reverse engineering or other analysis of software or other systems provided by Us.
- Unauthorized access to Our network or systems, etc.
- Advertising, solicitation or business activities on the Platform that are not authorized in advance by Us.
- Any action that may interfere with the operation of the Platform or Services.
- Impersonating a third party.
- Using the IDs or passwords of other users of the Platform or Services.
- Collection of information about other users of the Platform or Services.
- Conducting the same or similar services as the Platform or Business Services.
- Offences against public order and morals.
- Provision of benefits to Antisocial Forces, Etc.
- Using the content published and provided on the Platform in connection with the development of any software program, including, but not limited to, training a machine learning or artificial intelligence (AI) system.
- Providing archived or cached data sets containing the content published and provided on the Platform to another person or entity.
- Any other actions We deem inappropriate.
Article 10 (Suspension, Etc. of the Platform and Services)
- We reserve the right to suspend or interrupt the provision of all or part of the Platform and Services without prior notice to Registered Users in the event of any of the following.
- In the event of urgent inspection or maintenance work on computer systems relating to the Platform or Services.
- In the event that the Platform or Services cannot be operated due to computer or communication line failure, mis operation, excessive access traffic, unauthorized access, hacking, etc.
- In the event that the contact details included in the Registration Information are not available for communication through the Platform or Services.
- In the event that the Platform or Services cannot be operated due to force majeure such as earthquakes, lightning, fire, windstorms, power outages or natural disasters.
- In any other case where we deem it necessary to stop or suspend the Service.
- We shall not be liable for any loss or damage incurred as a result of a Registered User’s inability to use the Platform or Services due to Our restricting the Registered User’s use of the Platform or the Services in accordance with the preceding paragraph.
Article 11 (Ownership)
- All Intellectual Property Rights relating to the Platform and the Services are owned by Us or those who have licensed them to Us, and the granting of a license to use the Services under these Terms does not imply granting a licence to use Intellectual Property Rights relating to the Platform and the Services by Us or those who have licensed them to Us.
- The Intellectual Property Rights relating to the content published and provided on the Platform belong to Us or information providers who have legitimate rights. The granting of a licence to use the Services in accordance with the Terms does not imply the granting of any licence to use Our Intellectual Property Rights or those of any information provider who has legitimate rights in the relevant Content.
Article 12 (Registration Cancellation, Etc. by Us)
- If a Registered User falls under any of the following circumstances, We may, without prior notice or warning, delete or hide the posted data, temporarily suspend the use of the Services by that Registered User, or cancel their registration as a Registered User.
- If you breach any of the provisions of these Terms.
- If any of the facts in the registration matters are found to be false.
- In the event of suspension of payment or inability to pay, or in the event of a petition for the commencement of bankruptcy proceedings, civil rehabilitation proceedings, corporate reorganization proceedings, special liquidation proceedings or similar proceedings.
- In the event of a petition for compulsory execution, auction, etc.
- If you receive a tax arrears order from the tax authorities.
- If the business is subject to cancellation or suspension by the competent authorities.
- If you have not used the Services for more than 6 months.
- If you have not responded to Our enquiry or other communication requesting a response for more than 30 days.
- In the event of each item under Article 3, Paragraph 4.
- In addition, if We deem it inappropriate to continue using the Services or registering to use the Services.
Article 13 (Withdrawal from Membership)
- Registered Users may withdraw from the membership of the Services and terminate their registration for use of the Services upon completion of the procedures prescribed by Us.
- The handling of personal data after withdrawal from the membership shall be in accordance with the provisions of Article 19 (Handling of Personal Data).
Article 14 (Changes to the Information of or Termination of the Platform and Services)
- We reserve the right to change the specifications and content of the Platform and the content of the Services, or to cease providing them, at Our convenience.
- In the event that We cease the establishment of the Platform and the provision of Business Services, We will notify Business Users in advance.
Article 15 (Points to Consider)
- We do not warrant, expressly or impliedly, that the Platform or Services will be fit for the particular purpose of the Registered User, that they will have the expected functionality, commercial value, accuracy, or usefulness, that the Registered User's use of the Platform or Services will comply with any applicable laws, regulations, or standards, that they will be continuously available, or that they will be free of defects. Registered Users are responsible for complying with all applicable laws, regulations, and standards (this includes but is not limited to, the insider trading regulations and fair disclosure rules set out in the Financial Instruments and Exchange Act) and will not cause any inconvenience or damage to Us as a result of their violation.
- Any communication or correspondence between a Registered User and a Business User using the Platform or Services will be conducted directly between the two parties, and We will not be a party to it.
- The Business User information shown on the Platform and the Services do not in any way induce or intend to induce financial instruments contracts. We, the Platform, and the Services do not act as agent, broker, intermediary, recommendation to buy or sell, or solicitation of investment for the conclusion of agreements related to financial products.
- Any transactions, communications, or disputes that arise between a Registered User and another Registered User, Business User, or third party in connection with the Platform or Services shall be resolved by the Business User at their own risk. We will not be involved in, and will not be responsible for, any such transactions, communications or disputes.
- In the event that We reasonably determine that a Registered User falls under or is likely to fall under Article 9 (Prohibited Matters), We may, to the extent necessary and reasonable, check the Corporate User's use on the Platform (including, but not limited to, the content of communications with Business Users) and the Registered User agrees to this in advance.
- In addition to the provisions of the preceding paragraph, we may check the usage status of Registered Users on the Platform (including, but not limited to, the contents of communications with Business Users) for the purpose of the provision of Services (translation of the content of messages between Registered Users and Business Users as well as improving and developing Our Services and the Registered User agrees to this in advance.
Article 16 (Exceptional Matters)
The Registered Users agree in advance that We are not responsible for, do not guarantee, and will not be liable for any damages resulting from any of the following. This includes not only the period during which a Registered User maintains a service use registration, but also matters which arise or are discovered after the cancellation of the service use registration; provided, however, that this does not include cases of intent or gross negligence on Our part.
- Any event occurring to a Registered User as a result of a revision or amendment to these Terms
- Transactions, communications and disputes between a Registered User and other Registered Users, Business Users or third parties.
- Information transmitted by Business Users and events arising therefrom.
- Events in the Registered User or third parties arising in connection with the use of the information contained in the Platform.
- The inclusion of computer viruses or other harmful material in content, emails, etc. related to the use of the Platform or Services, and events resulting from such content, emails, etc.
- The completeness, accuracy, up-to-dateness, safety, etc. of all information and links provided on Our Website or the Platform.
- Unauthorised access to, or unauthorised alteration of, information relating to a Registered User by a third party, or any other act by a third party.
- Events resulting from the inability to view notices from Us, failure by the customer to change Registration Information, etc.
- Failure to achieve some or all of the purposes of use of the Platform or Services.
- Any event resulting from the unavailability of the Platform for any reason, including refusal or termination of registration.
Article 17 (Liability for Damages)
- In the event that We are liable for damages based on Our intentional or grossly negligent conduct, Our liability shall in any event be limited to the total amount of fees paid by the Registered User to Us in the previous 12 months for the use of the Platform and Services (however, if the total amount of fees paid to Us in the previous 12 months is less than ¥1,000, this shall be ¥1,000).
- We reserve the right to claim compensation for the following damages, and the Registered User shall compensate Us for such damages. Furthermore, you will be liable for compensation even after you have cancelled your registration to use the Services.
- Any damage caused by a breach of these Terms or the Separate Terms by a Registered User.
- Any damage caused by the failure of the Registration User to change the Registration Information.
- Any damage caused to Us or any third party as a result of the conduct of the Registered User.
- Any damage caused to Us or to any third party as a result of any of the prohibited acts set out in these Terms committed by a Registered User.
Article 18 (Confidentiality)
- Registered Users shall treat any information disclosed by Us to Registered Users in connection with the Platform and Services as confidential, except with Our prior written consent.
- The preceding paragraph shall not apply to any of the following types of information.
- Information that is already publicly known or available at the time We disclose it.
- Information which, after disclosure, becomes public knowledge or public use through no fault of the Registered User.
- Information that was already known to you at the time of disclosure.
- Information lawfully obtained by the Registered User from a duly authorised third party without obligation of confidentiality after disclosure.
Article 19 (Handling of Personal Information)
Article 20 (Changes to the Terms, Etc.)
We reserve the right to change these Terms in accordance with the law and regulations, the instructions of the administrative authorities or, if we deem it necessary, in accordance with the Civil Code of Japan, Article 548-4. In the event of any changes to these Terms, the timing and content of the revised Terms will be communicated to, or notified to, Registered Users by posting on the Platform or by other appropriate means; provided, however, that, if there are any changes to the content of the site that would legally require the consent of the Business User, the consent of the Business User shall be obtained in the manner We prescribe.
Article 21 (Contact/Notification)
- Any enquiries or other contact or notification from Registered Users to Us regarding the Platform or Services, as well as any notification of changes to these Terms or other contact or notification from Us to Registered Users, shall be made in a manner determined by Us.
- If We contact or notify the email address or other contact details included in the Registration Details, the Registration User will be deemed to have received such contact or notification.
Article 22 (Assignment, Etc. of Position Under the Business Service Agreement)
- Registered Users may not assign, transfer, encumber, or otherwise dispose of their position under the use agreement or their rights or obligations under these Terms to any third party without Our prior written consent.
- In the event that We assign the business of the Platform and Services to another party, We may assign the status under the Use Agreement, the rights and obligations under these Terms, and the Registration Details and other customer information of the Registration User to the assignee of such assignment, and the Business User agrees to such assignment in advance in this paragraph. Furthermore, the assignment of business as defined in this paragraph includes not only ordinary assignments of business, but also splits and all other cases in which business is transferred.
Article 23 (Divisibility)
If any provision of these Terms, or any part thereof, is deemed invalid or unenforceable by law or otherwise, the remaining provisions of these Terms, and the remainder of any provision that is deemed invalid or unenforceable, shall continue in full force and effect.
Article 24 (Governing Law and Court with Jurisdiction)
- These Terms and the Service Use Agreement shall be governed by the laws of Japan.
- The Tokyo District Court shall have exclusive jurisdiction in the first instance over any dispute arising out of or in connection with these Terms or the Business Service Agreement.
[Established and implemented on 11.18 2021]
[Revised on 09.01 2023]
Premium Account Terms and Conditions
[Established and implemented on 12.06 2022, revised on 11.07 2023]
Article 1 (Objective)
Article 2 (Agreement to the Terms and Conditions)
- By registering for the Account and paying the fee determined separately by Shared Research, the User is deemed to agree to the Terms and Conditions.
- Use of the Account by a minor constitutes a representation and warranty that the User has obtained consent to use the Account from a legal representative.
- If the User agrees to the Terms and Conditions (including the case where the customer is deemed to have consented pursuant to the provisions of Paragraph 1), a contract (the “Premium Account User Agreement”) for the use of the Account in accordance with the Terms and Conditions shall be concluded between Shared Research and the User.
- Shared Research reserves the right to change the Terms and Conditions at any time, provided that such changes do not violate any applicable laws or regulations. Shared Research shall notify the User of any changes to the Terms and Conditions in a manner prescribed by Shared Research with a reasonable grace period, and the User’s use of the Account after such grace period constitutes acceptance of the changes to the Terms and Conditions. If separate legally mandated procedures are required for changing the Terms and Conditions, Shared Research shall comply with such requirements. Shared Research shall not be liable for any damages incurred by the User as a result of changes to the Terms and Conditions.
Article 3 (Service Description)
- The User may use the services provided by Shared Research on the Account by registering as a user on the Shared Research website and paying a fee determined separately by Shared Research. However, any telecommunications costs shall be borne by the User.
- The following services are available free of charge by using the Account after user registration on the Shared Research website.
- PDF downloads of corporate reports on the Shared Research website
- Use of My Report™
- Payment of the monthly subscription fee stipulated in Paragraph 1 shall be made using a credit card designated by Shared Research or by a method separately designated by Shared Research.
- Shared Research may restrict the User’s use of the Account, in whole or in part, without prior notice or demand, if Shared Research determines that any of the following items apply to the User or if there exists a risk of the following items applying to the User. Shared Research is under no obligation to disclose the reasons for taking these measures and shall not be liable for any damages incurred by the User as a result of these measures.
- Violation of the Terms and Conditions
- Impersonation of another person in using the Account
- Use with the intention of using the information provided in the Account for diversion, sale, processing, reuse, redistribution, or other unauthorized purposes in order to provide advice, operation, support, or other services to a third party (This includes use of the Account for commercial purposes.)
- Past restrictions from using all or part of Account-related services
- Being found to be an organized crime group, a member of an organized crime group, a quasi-member of an organized crime group, a “sokaiya,” a social advocacy group, a special intelligence group, or any other equivalent anti-social force (hereinafter, “Anti-Social Forces”); being in cooperation with or participating in the maintenance, operation, or management of Anti-Social Forces by providing funds; or having any other involvement with Anti-Social Forces.
- Excessive liabilities, lacking of funds, suspension of payment or insolvency
- Other cases in which Shared Research deems it appropriate to take the measures set forth in this section
Article 4 (User Registration)
- Prior to using the Account, the User shall understand and accept the Terms and Conditions and shall register as a user of the Shared Research website in a manner separately determined by Shared Research.
- The User shall comply with Shared Research’s request to provide any materials necessary for Shared Research to review the user registration described in the preceding paragraph.
- Shared Research may expunge the user registration described in Paragraph 1 if any of the items below apply to the user. Shared Research has no obligation to disclose the reason for expunging the user registration described in Paragraph 1.
- The information registered under the Terms and Conditions or the information provided with respect to user registration in Paragraph 1 contains errors or falsehoods.
- The User is a minor, an adult ward, or a person under curatorship or assistance, and does not have the consent of their legal representative, guardian, conservator, or assistant as required by law to use the Account.
- The User is or may be impersonating another person in the user registration described in Paragraph 1.
- The User intends to use the information provided in the Account for diversion, sale, processing, reuse, redistribution, or other unauthorized purposes in order to provide advice, operation, support, or other services to a third party. (This includes use of the Account for commercial purposes.)
- The User was previously restricted from using all or part of Account-related services.
- The User is found to be an Anti-Social Force or being in cooperation with or participating in the maintenance, operation, or management of Anti-Social Forces by providing funds; or having any other involvement with Anti-Social Forces.
- Shared Research deems there to be some other valid reason to expunge the user registration describe in Paragraph 1.
- The User who wishes to use the Account shall understand and accept the Terms and Conditions prior to user registration for the Account, and shall make payment for the Account in a manner separately determined by Shared Research. The User shall be able to use the Account services from the time payment of the subscription fee is completed.
Article 5 (Change of Registration Details)
- The User shall notify Shared Research without delay of any change in the details registered with Shared Research (hereinafter, the “Registration Details”), or the User’s desire to change the Registration Details, in a manner separately determined by Shared Research, and shall proceed with to change the Registration Details.
- The User shall maintain all the Registration Details as true and accurate for as long as the User uses the Account.
- If the Registration Details change but the User has not notified Shared Research of such change, Shared Research may treat such change as if it had not occurred.
Article 6 (Cancellation of Registration)
- Shared Research may, without prior notice or demand, expunge the User’s user registration or restrict the User’s use of all or part of the Account if Shared Research determines that any of the following items apply to the User or are likely to do so. Shared Research is under no obligation to disclose the reasons for taking these measures and shall not be liable for any damages incurred by the User as a result of these measures.
- Any of the items in Article 4, Paragraph 3 are applicable.
- Violation of the Terms and Conditions
- Information registered during user registration is found to contain errors or falsehoods.
- In the event of death (unless Shared Research permits use of the Account by the User’s heirs)
- Shared Research is unable to contact the User for one month or more.
- The User has made improper use of the ID, password, or other information necessary to use the Account, or a third party has used such information in an unauthorized manager.
- In any other case where Shared Research deems it appropriate to take the measures set forth in this section
- If the User’s user registration is expunged in accordance with the preceding paragraph, all rights pertaining to the User’s user registration shall become null and void.
Article 7 (Cancellation)
- If the User wishes to expunge the user registration for the Account, once the cancellation procedures determined separately by Shared Research are completed, the User shall no longer be able to use the Account services provided by Shared Research after the day following the end of paid usage.
- Refunds of the usage fee for the Account will not be provided (however, you can continue to use it until the end of paid usage).
Article 8 (Contract Term)
- The contract term of the Account shall be from the date the Premium Account User Agreement is executed pursuant to Article 2, Paragraph 3, to the date the User terminates use of the Account.
- Article 2, Paragraph 4; Article3, Paragraph 4; Article 6, Paragraph 1; this article; and the subsequent article shall continue to apply even after the Premium Account User Agreement is terminated.
Article 9 (Other)
- Any other matters not specified in the Terms and Conditions shall be governed by the Terms and Conditions (for Registered Users) set forth separately by Shared Research.
[Established and implemented on 12.06 2022]
[Revised on 11.07 2023]