Registered User Use
[Established and implemented on 11.18 2021]
Article 1 (Application)
- The purpose of these Terms is to set out the terms and conditions for the provision of the Services and the relationship of rights and obligations between Us and Registered Users in relation to the use of the Services, and these shall apply to all relationships between Registered Users and Us in relation to the use of the Services.
- When using the Services, the Registered User agrees to be bound by these Terms.
- We may establish separate terms and guidelines for separate Services (hereinafter referred to as “Separate Terms”). In addition to these Terms, individual services are subject to their own specific terms and conditions, which you should also read. If there is any discrepancy between the provisions of these Terms and those of the Separate Terms, the provisions of the Separate Terms shall prevail.
Article 2 (Definitions)
The terms as used below have the meanings set out below in these Terms.
- “Business Service Agreement” means the agreement for the use of the Services entered into between Us and the Registered User on the conditions of these Terms.
- "Intellectual Property Rights" means copyright, patent rights, utility model rights, design rights, trademark rights and other intellectual property rights (including the right to acquire or apply for registration of such rights) in Japan and other countries or regions.
- “We”, “Us”, “Our” or “Ours” means Shared Research Inc.
- “Our Website” means the website operated by Us whose domain is sharedresearch.jp (including, if for any reason the domain or content of our website is changed, the website after such change).
- “Business User” means a user using the Business User Services on the Platform.
- “Registered User” means an individual or legal entity that has registered to use the Services in accordance with these Terms, Article 3 (Service Use Registration).
- “Registered information” means the name, e-mail address, password and any other information registered by the Registered User at the time of registration for the Services (including any subsequently changed information).
- “Platform” means the [Shared Research Website] established and operated by Us on Our Website.
- “Services” means the Services that We provide on the Platform other than those for Business Users.
- “Antisocial Forces, Etc.” means organized crime groups (bōryokudan), members of organized crime groups (bōryokudan-in), right-wing groups (uyokudantai), anti-social forces (hanshakaiteki-seiryoku), those who have not ceased to be such persons for five years, and other similar persons.
Article 3 (Registration for Service Use)
- Persons wishing to use the Services (hereinafter referred to as “Persons Wishing to Register”) may apply to Us for registration to use the Services by agreeing to abide by these Terms and by providing Us with certain information as specified by Us (hereinafter referred to as “Registration Details”) in the manner specified by Us.
- In accordance with Our criteria, We will determine whether or not to register Persons Wishing to Register who have applied for registration under Paragraph 1 (hereinafter referred to as the “Persons Applying for Registration”), and if We approve the registration, We will notify the Person Applying for Registration to that effect. The registration for service use of the Persons Applying for Registration shall be deemed to have been completed when We have informed them as per this paragraph. Registered Users will be given a User ID upon completion of registration.
- After the completion of the registration as set out in the preceding paragraph, a service use agreement will be established between the Registered User and Us and the Registered User will be able to use the Services in accordance with these Terms.
- We reserve the right to refuse registration or re-registration to any Persons Applying for Registration for any of the following reasons and are under no obligation to disclose the reasons for such refusal.
- If there is any falsehood, error or omission in all or part of the Registration Information provided to Us.
- If We deem that the person is an Antisocial Force, Etc. or has any kind of interaction or involvement with an Antisocial Force, Etc. such as cooperating with or being involved in the maintenance, operation or management of an Antisocial Force, Etc. through the provision of funds or otherwise.
- If We believe that you have breached an agreement with Us in the past, or that you are related to someone who has.
- If We deem you to be unsuitable for registration.
Article 4 (Change of Registration Details)
In the event of any changes to the Registration, the Registered User shall notify Us of such changes without delay in the manner prescribed by Us.
Article 5 (User Environment Improvement)
- Registered Users shall, at their own expense and responsibility, prepare and make available all communication equipment, software, and other equipment necessary to use the Platform and Services. For the use of the Platform and the Services, the Registered User shall choose, at their own expense and responsibility, to connect to the internet via telecommunication services or telecommunication lines. Registered Users shall maintain security measures to prevent computer virus infection, unauthorized access and information leaks in accordance with their own user environment.
- We have no involvement in, and accept no responsibility for, the usage environment of our Registered Users.
Article 6 (Management of Passwords and Business User ID)
- Registered Users are responsible for the proper management and storage of their User IDs and passwords for the Services.
- Registered Users must not allow any third party to use their User ID, and must not lend, assign, change the name of, or sell their User ID.
- Any liability for damage caused by inadequate management of the User ID or password, misuse, or use by a third party shall be borne by the User and We shall not be liable for any such damage.
Article 7 (Use Period)
The period of availability of the Services to Registered Users shall be from the date of registration for Service use to the date of registration cancellation (as defined in Articles 12 and 13 of these Terms).
Article 8 (Payable Services)
If you wish to use any of the Services for which a fee is payable, you will be subject to the terms and conditions of these Terms as well as the separate Terms and Conditions of Use for Payable Services.
Article 9 (Prohibited Matters)
In using the Platform and the Services, Registered Users must not engage in any of the following acts, or acts that we deem to fall under any of the following categories.
- Acts in breach of the law or in connection with criminal activities.
- Fraud or threats against Us, other users of the Platform or Services, or other third parties.
- Infringement on the Intellectual Property Rights, portrait rights, rights of privacy, honour, or other rights or interests of Ours, other users of the Platform or Services, or other third parties.
- Causing disadvantage, damage or discomfort to Us, other users of the Platform or Business Services, or other third parties.
- Any action that places an excessive load on Our Website, the Platform's network or systems, etc.
- Reverse engineering or other analysis of software or other systems provided by Us.
- Unauthorized access to Our network or systems, etc.
- Advertising, solicitation or business activities on the Platform that are not authorized in advance by Us.
- Any action that may interfere with the operation of the Platform or Services.
- Impersonating a third party.
- Using the IDs or passwords of other users of the Platform or Services.
- Collection of information about other users of the Platform or Services.
- Conducting the same or similar services as the Platform or Business Services.
- Offences against public order and morals.
- Provision of benefits to Antisocial Forces, Etc.
- Any other actions We deem inappropriate.
Article 10 (Suspension, Etc. of the Platform and Services)
- We reserve the right to suspend or interrupt the provision of all or part of the Platform and Services without prior notice to Registered Users in the event of any of the following.
- In the event of urgent inspection or maintenance work on computer systems relating to the Platform or Services.
- In the event that the Platform or Services cannot be operated due to computer or communication line failure, mis operation, excessive access traffic, unauthorized access, hacking, etc.
- In the event that the contact details included in the Registration Information are not available for communication through the Platform or Services.
- In the event that the Platform or Services cannot be operated due to force majeure such as earthquakes, lightning, fire, windstorms, power outages or natural disasters.
- In any other case where we deem it necessary to stop or suspend the Service.
- We shall not be liable for any loss or damage incurred as a result of a Registered User’s inability to use the Platform or Services due to Our restricting the Registered User’s use of the Platform or the Services in accordance with the preceding paragraph.
Article 11 (Ownership)
- All Intellectual Property Rights relating to the Platform and the Services are owned by Us or those who have licensed them to Us, and the granting of a license to use the Services under these Terms does not imply granting a licence to use Intellectual Property Rights relating to the Platform and the Services by Us or those who have licensed them to Us.
- The Intellectual Property Rights relating to the content published and provided on the Platform belong to Us or information providers who have legitimate rights. The granting of a licence to use the Services in accordance with the Terms does not imply the granting of any licence to use Our Intellectual Property Rights or those of any information provider who has legitimate rights in the relevant Content.
Article 12 (Registration Cancellation, Etc. by Us)
- If a Registered User falls under any of the following circumstances, We may, without prior notice or warning, delete or hide the posted data, temporarily suspend the use of the Services by that Registered User, or cancel their registration as a Registered User.
- If you breach any of the provisions of these Terms.
- If any of the facts in the registration matters are found to be false.
- In the event of suspension of payment or inability to pay, or in the event of a petition for the commencement of bankruptcy proceedings, civil rehabilitation proceedings, corporate reorganization proceedings, special liquidation proceedings or similar proceedings.
- In the event of a petition for compulsory execution, auction, etc.
- If you receive a tax arrears order from the tax authorities.
- If the business is subject to cancellation or suspension by the competent authorities.
- If you have not used the Services for more than 6 months.
- If you have not responded to Our enquiry or other communication requesting a response for more than 30 days.
- In the event of each item under Article 3, Paragraph 4.
- In addition, if We deem it inappropriate to continue using the Services or registering to use the Services.
Article 13 (Withdrawal from Membership)
- Registered Users may withdraw from the membership of the Services and terminate their registration for use of the Services upon completion of the procedures prescribed by Us.
- The handling of personal data after withdrawal from the membership shall be in accordance with the provisions of Article 19 (Handling of Personal Data).
Article 14 (Changes to the Information of or Termination of the Platform and Services)
- We reserve the right to change the specifications and content of the Platform and the content of the Services, or to cease providing them, at Our convenience.
- In the event that We cease the establishment of the Platform and the provision of Business Services, We will notify Business Users in advance.
Article 15 (Points to Consider)
- We do not warrant, expressly or impliedly, that the Platform or Services will be fit for the particular purpose of the Registered User, that they will have the expected functionality, commercial value, accuracy, or usefulness, that the Registered User's use of the Platform or Services will comply with any applicable laws, regulations, or standards, that they will be continuously available, or that they will be free of defects. Registered Users are responsible for complying with all applicable laws, regulations, and standards (this includes but is not limited to, the insider trading regulations and fair disclosure rules set out in the Financial Instruments and Exchange Act) and will not cause any inconvenience or damage to Us as a result of their violation.
- Any communication or correspondence between a Registered User and a Business User using the Platform or Services will be conducted directly between the two parties, and We will not be a party to it.
- The Business User information shown on the Platform and the Services do not in any way induce or intend to induce financial instruments contracts. We, the Platform, and the Services do not act as agent, broker, intermediary, recommendation to buy or sell, or solicitation of investment for the conclusion of agreements related to financial products.
- Any transactions, communications, or disputes that arise between a Registered User and another Registered User, Business User, or third party in connection with the Platform or Services shall be resolved by the Business User at their own risk. We will not be involved in, and will not be responsible for, any such transactions, communications or disputes.
- In the event that We reasonably determine that a Registered User falls under or is likely to fall under Article 9 (Prohibited Matters), We may, to the extent necessary and reasonable, check the Corporate User's use on the Platform (including, but not limited to, the content of communications with Business Users) and the Registered User agrees to this in advance.
- In addition to the provisions of the preceding paragraph, we may check the usage status of Registered Users on the Platform (including, but not limited to, the contents of communications with Business Users) for the purpose of the provision of Services (translation of the content of messages between Registered Users and Business Users as well as improving and developing Our Services and the Registered User agrees to this in advance.
Article 16 (Exceptional Matters)
The Registered Users agree in advance that We are not responsible for, do not guarantee, and will not be liable for any damages resulting from any of the following. This includes not only the period during which a Registered User maintains a service use registration, but also matters which arise or are discovered after the cancellation of the service use registration; provided, however, that this does not include cases of intent or gross negligence on Our part.
- Any event occurring to a Registered User as a result of a revision or amendment to these Terms
- Transactions, communications and disputes between a Registered User and other Registered Users, Business Users or third parties.
- Information transmitted by Business Users and events arising therefrom.
- Events in the Registered User or third parties arising in connection with the use of the information contained in the Platform.
- The inclusion of computer viruses or other harmful material in content, emails, etc. related to the use of the Platform or Services, and events resulting from such content, emails, etc.
- The completeness, accuracy, up-to-dateness, safety, etc. of all information and links provided on Our Website or the Platform.
- Unauthorised access to, or unauthorised alteration of, information relating to a Registered User by a third party, or any other act by a third party.
- Events resulting from the inability to view notices from Us, failure by the customer to change Registration Information, etc.
- Failure to achieve some or all of the purposes of use of the Platform or Services.
- Any event resulting from the unavailability of the Platform for any reason, including refusal or termination of registration.
Article 17 (Liability for Damages)
- In the event that We are liable for damages based on Our intentional or grossly negligent conduct, Our liability shall in any event be limited to the total amount of fees paid by the Registered User to Us in the previous 12 months for the use of the Platform and Services (however, if the total amount of fees paid to Us in the previous 12 months is less than ¥1,000, this shall be ¥1,000).
- We reserve the right to claim compensation for the following damages, and the Registered User shall compensate Us for such damages. Furthermore, you will be liable for compensation even after you have cancelled your registration to use the Services.
- Any damage caused by a breach of these Terms or the Separate Terms by a Registered User.
- Any damage caused by the failure of the Registration User to change the Registration Information.
- Any damage caused to Us or any third party as a result of the conduct of the Registered User.
- Any damage caused to Us or to any third party as a result of any of the prohibited acts set out in these Terms committed by a Registered User.
Article 18 (Confidentiality)
- Registered Users shall treat any information disclosed by Us to Registered Users in connection with the Platform and Services as confidential, except with Our prior written consent.
- The preceding paragraph shall not apply to any of the following types of information.
- Information that is already publicly known or available at the time We disclose it.
- Information which, after disclosure, becomes public knowledge or public use through no fault of the Registered User.
- Information that was already known to you at the time of disclosure.
- Information lawfully obtained by the Registered User from a duly authorised third party without obligation of confidentiality after disclosure.
Article 19 (Handling of Personal Information)
Article 20 (Changes to the Terms, Etc.)
We reserve the right to change these Terms in accordance with the law and regulations, the instructions of the administrative authorities or, if we deem it necessary, in accordance with the Civil Code of Japan, Article 548-4. In the event of any changes to these Terms, the timing and content of the revised Terms will be communicated to, or notified to, Registered Users by posting on the Platform or by other appropriate means; provided, however, that, if there are any changes to the content of the site that would legally require the consent of the Business User, the consent of the Business User shall be obtained in the manner We prescribe.
Article 21 (Contact/Notification)
- Any enquiries or other contact or notification from Registered Users to Us regarding the Platform or Services, as well as any notification of changes to these Terms or other contact or notification from Us to Registered Users, shall be made in a manner determined by Us.
- If We contact or notify the email address or other contact details included in the Registration Details, the Registration User will be deemed to have received such contact or notification.
Article 22 (Assignment, Etc. of Position Under the Business Service Agreement)
- Registered Users may not assign, transfer, encumber, or otherwise dispose of their position under the use agreement or their rights or obligations under these Terms to any third party without Our prior written consent.
- In the event that We assign the business of the Platform and Services to another party, We may assign the status under the Use Agreement, the rights and obligations under these Terms, and the Registration Details and other customer information of the Registration User to the assignee of such assignment, and the Business User agrees to such assignment in advance in this paragraph. Furthermore, the assignment of business as defined in this paragraph includes not only ordinary assignments of business, but also splits and all other cases in which business is transferred.
Article 23 (Divisibility)
If any provision of these Terms, or any part thereof, is deemed invalid or unenforceable by law or otherwise, the remaining provisions of these Terms, and the remainder of any provision that is deemed invalid or unenforceable, shall continue in full force and effect.
Article 24 (Governing Law and Court with Jurisdiction)
- These Terms and the Service Use Agreement shall be governed by the laws of Japan.
- The Tokyo District Court shall have exclusive jurisdiction in the first instance over any dispute arising out of or in connection with these Terms or the Business Service Agreement.